Sunday 3 May 2009

"Hey! It's starting! Hurry up!"
I didn't know what was starting, but Max seemed excited about it. Rushing into the living room, I took a seat. After a few minutes, I was totally confused.
"Right, here's what's happening. Tom - that's him there
[he pointed at the fat, stereotypical "trailer trash" styled American on screen]
he's got to get a new t.v. for his flat to impress his girlfriend, Brandy. Now, the problem is, he only buys American, and his room-mate Stan wants a new, cheap Japanese flatscreen."
"OK," I replied. "That doesn't sound like a huge problem."
"No, not in itself. But there's an underlying conflict between the two, you see. I should have mentioned this earlier, I'm sorry. Tom's a homophobic, white supremacist, and this clashes with Stan's character - he's a black gay robot who was designed to fight the Nazis."

To my credit, I left shortly afterwards and remained calm. To this day, I have no idea why a seemingly emotionless robot could be gay. I have even less idea how he was black.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails